KsAWWA’s Operator Meritorious Service Award
The purpose of the Operator Meritorious Service Award is to recognize special performance in one or more of the following:
- Continuous compliance with all public health standards in treated drinking water;
- Consistent and outstanding contribution to plant maintenance thereby prolonging the useful life of equipment;
- Development of new and/or modified equipment or significant process modifications to provide for more efficient and/or effective treatment;
- Special efforts in the training of treatment plant operators;
- Special acts not directly related to water treatment, but which demonstrate dedication to the public beyond the normal operating responsibilities; and/or
- Consistent and outstanding contribution to the operation and/or maintenance of distribution lines, pump stations, and reservoirs.
Eligibility for the Award
Section members eligible to receive the Operator's Meritorious Service Award shall include any water supply or distribution individual who, during the time period of the meritorious activity, worked in any operations related capacity.
Submit to the section the full name and address and complete biographical information on each nominee on the entry form provided by AWWA along with supporting data concerning the meritorious service performed by the nominee.
A nomination for the award may be submitted for consideration by any AWWA section member to the section Operator's Meritorious Service Award Committee.
Presentation of the Award
The award will be presented at the KWEA/KsAWWA Joint Annual Conference.
|2003||George E. Simanowitz|
|2002||Durward M. Johnson|