KsAWWA’s Water Taste Test Award
The Community Relations Committee of KsAWWA invites all utilities to participate in the 9th Annual Tap Water Taste Contest at the joint KsAWWA/KWEA conference in Topeka, Kansas on August 30, 2016.
The judging will be done in a more public venue this year. It will be held at 1:30 p.m. in the exhibit area. As soon as the judging is complete the winner will be announced.
Below are the rules of the contest. Entries must be submitted by noon on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 to Hank Corcoran Boyer, Section Manager, at the conference exhibitor registration desk. Each entry will be logged and assigned an identifying number.
- Personal attendance is required for the competition. Anyone from the participating utility may act as the representative for the utility.
- One sample should be brought in a one-liter container, preferably glass. No markings should be on the container; the container will be marked at the conference with an identifying number known only to the KsAWWA Section Manager.
- Samples will be served at room temperature.
- All entries must have incurred no state or federal drinking water violations (MCL, monitoring, record keeping, etc.) during the previous year.
- Previous year’s winner is not eligible to enter.
- The panel of judges will consist of KsAWWA, KWEA, and AWWA members.
- Samples will be judged on a seven-point scale from best (1) to far from ideal (7).
- Scores will be tabulated, and the winner will be announced immediately following the judging.
- Only the winning sample will be announced. Samples will not be ranked nor will scores be released.
|2016||City of El Dorado|
|2015||City of Iola|
|2013||City of Olathe|
|2012||City of Emporia|
|2009||City of Wichita|
|2008||City of Olathe|
|2007||City of Emporia|