Water Treatment Plant Mechanic
The Plant Mechanic is responsible for maintaining WaterOne machinery by performing mechanical maintenance and repairs on water treatment equipment, pumping equipment, and plumbing systems at all WaterOne facilities as directed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs all repair and upkeep of mechanical equipment in WaterOne, excluding vehicle fleet.
- Performs all scheduled lubrication and preventive maintenance of mechanical equipment and electric motors in WaterOne, excluding vehicle fleet.
- Responsible for the installation of new mechanical equipment and rehabilitation of existing mechanical systems.
- Performs all major and minor maintenance on well pump equipment, elevated tanks, pump stations, pressure points, automatic valves, pressure regulating valves, hydraulically operated equipment, chemical feed equipment, pneumatic chemical conveying, and transfer systems.
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing all types of piping including water, air, hydraulic, and drain.
- Responsible for alignment of pumps, motors, and gearboxes.
- Repairs mechanical equipment mounted on elevated tanks and in the well field.
- Responsible for miscellaneous welding, cutting, and metals fabrication.
- Performs housekeeping duties at all pump stations throughout WaterOne.
- Be available for emergency call-out in the event of maintenance problems.
Salary Range: Open, Depending on Experience