Water Distribution Superintendent
City of Osawatomie
Under general direction, plans, coordinates, conducts, supervises, and directs the construction and maintenance of the water/sewer services for the City of Osawatomie.
- Supervises and participates in installation, repair and maintenance of underground water mains and other associated components including hydrants, meters, water mains, water service lines, valves, and pumps.
- Supervises, participates in and trains employees in the operation of appropriate motor and other equipment including back hoes, mini excavators, truck, drills, tapping machines, and locating devices.
- Assists in the coordination and inspection of work performed by contractors.
- Supervises and participates in the preventative maintenance, service and repair activities of the water distribution vehicles and equipment.
- Supervises and participates in the testing for and repair of leaks in mains and services.
- Assists in designing new water system projects.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs wastewater collection system, and equipment.
- Operates and services equipment used in repair, installation and maintenance of water system infrastructures including compressors, jack hammers backhoes, trenchers, mini ex, trucks, and any other assigned light and heavy equipment.
- Excavate trenches and install shoring as required by OSHA.
- Identify service and main leaks, operates locators.
- Clean and monitor lift stations and related equipment.
Pay Range: $20–24 hourly