Provide detailed designs, calculations, cost estimates, plans, drawings, specifications for contract documents, and evaluations of various types of water works improvement projects. Coordinate engineering and administration of construction between WaterOne and other utilities, engineering firms, developers, and public works entities. Operate in a consulting capacity to other departments on technical engineering issues when assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review plans submitted by outside entities for municipal capital improvement projects and determine effects on WaterOne facilities.
- Assist other departments by providing technical engineering opinions and data.
- Assist with developing overall departmental priorities for and scheduling of WaterOne construction forces.
- Assist and advise WaterOne construction forces on issues that develop prior to or during construction.
- Assist in developing and maintaining design criteria, material standards, and construction standards for water distribution and transmission mains.
- Analyze and interpret distribution system hydraulic data and hydraulic modeling data.
- Assist with maintaining the asset management program for the distribution system.
- Act as WaterOne liaison for projects designed and administered by outside engineering consultants.
- Review/comment on all designs, submittals, reports, & recommendations.