The purpose of this position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of highly technical and complex on-line water quality analyzers and sampling systems installed throughout the treatment facilities and distribution systems and the validity of the data they produce. The Analyzer Technician is directly responsible for the accuracy, and reliability of data used to prepare reports to state agencies as it pertains to water quality. The Technician shall endeavor to meet or exceed all state and federal water quality standards and regulations; meet or exceed Board policies, goals, and expectations; promote security of WaterOne’s water system. The Technician shall endeavor to promote safety, environmental stewardship, and cost efficiency. As a support function the Technician may be called upon to complement the operations staff by making routine decisions concerning process chemistry, chemical dosage, mechanical equipment operations, and distribution system operation; balance flows to basins and reservoirs and maintain system water storage requirements as directed.
Required Education, Skills, Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- The Technician must be in possession of a valid Kansas Water Supply System Operator Certificate (Class I – IV) within eighteen months of employment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and continuously meet WaterOne driving standards.
- Requires the ability to solve complex problems using math, chemistry, and laboratory knowledge.
- Requires basic personal computer skills and proficiency with databases, reporting, and analyzing data.
- Requires knowledge of hydraulics as they pertain to plant processes.
- Requires knowledge of PLC-based microprocessors.
- Requires knowledge of electrical control systems.
Complete job description is available upon request and will be provided during the selection process.