Manager – Valving & Services
Water District #1 of Johnson County
- Coordinates the work of a large and diverse work group including the following functional areas: valves, hydrants, line locates, leak detection, taps, dispatch, emergency, transmission mains, and new service inspection.
- Monitors and reviews work assignments to identify and solve operating difficulties, personnel, and customer problems and to ensure adherence to policies, procedures, regulations, etc., and to provide supervision and technical advice.
- Plans, schedules and provides general supervision for the installation and maintenance of distribution facilities including pipe, valves, fire hydrants, PRVs, CAVs, taps, and appurtenances.
- Plans proactive leak detection activities.
- Plans preventive maintenance/replacement programs for valves, fire hydrants, PRVs, and CAVs.
- Determines the most cost-effective method for utilization of the workforce, equipment, and materials. Makes recommendations to improve efficiency and control costs.
- Participates in developing and implementing safety and training programs in conjunction with the Safety Coordinator, Learning and Development Leader, Technical Learning Coordinator, and the Director of Distribution for job knowledge and professional growth.
- Leads effort to control losses in the Department due to accidents, injuries, and utility cuts.
- Mentors/trains/monitors supervisors regarding methods and procedures of work, safety, supply and equipment requirements, operational policies, and priorities.