Manager: Distribution Engineering
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evaluate the Master Plan and its impact on the overall expansion and integrity of the distribution system and implement the plan.
- Coordinate and oversee the relocations, improvements, and expansions to the distribution system as a result of municipal or developer-initiated projects, master planning, or asset management program including the oversight of easement acquisitions.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget for department expenses, replacement mains, relocations of mains and general improvement mains, and fire hydrants and service connections.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor of science degree in civil or mechanical or comparable engineering studies from an accredited university.
- Registration to practice as a Professional Engineer in the state of Kansas or current eligibility to apply for certification is required.
- Ten years of engineering and technical experience in water utility distribution or comparable industry, with an emphasis on distribution operations, engineering design, and construction contract preparation.
Closing Date: November 30, 2021