Manager: Distribution Engineering
The purpose of this position is to supervise, plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of the department in the design, maintenance, and operation of the distribution system including, but not limited to, improvements due to growth from new development, municipal street and storm sewer projects, and aging infrastructure.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor of science degree in civil or mechanical or comparable engineering studies from an accredited university.
- Registration to practice as a Professional Engineer in the state of Kansas or current eligibility to apply for certification is required.
- Ten years of engineering and technical experience in water utility distribution or comparable industry, with an emphasis on distribution operations, engineering design, and construction contract preparation.
- Five years of experience as a supervisor or lead engineer.
- Certification by California State University Sacramento in Water Distribution System Operation and Maintenance is required within 12 months of date in position.
- Certification as a Grade IV Water Distribution Operator is required within 24 months of date in position.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
WaterOne is an equal opportunity employer and upholds a non-discrimination policy. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, military status, or marital status in making employment and business decisions. We also prohibit harassment and retaliation in the workplace and in our dealings with the public. We encourage and welcome diversity of backgrounds in our workforce. WaterOne complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA).
Closing Date: January 30, 2022