Manager – Construction & Maintenance
Water District #1 of Johnson County
- Coordinates the work of a large and diverse work group including the following functional areas: construction and maintenance.
- Monitors and reviews work assignments to identify and solve operating difficulties, personnel, and customer problems and to ensure adherence to policies, procedures, regulations, etc., and to provide supervision and technical advice.
- Plans, schedules and provides general supervision for the installation and maintenance of distribution facilities including pipe, valves, hydrants, services, and meter pits.
- Determines the most cost-effective method for utilization of the workforce, equipment, and materials. Makes recommendations to improve efficiency and control costs.
- Participates in developing and implementing safety and training programs in conjunction with the Safety Coordinator, Learning and Development Leader, Technical Learning Coordinator, and the Director of Distribution for job knowledge and professional growth.
- Leads effort to control losses in the Department due to accidents, injuries, and utility cuts.
- Mentors/trains/monitors supervisors regarding methods and procedures of work, safety, supply and equipment requirements, operational policies, and priorities.
- Initiates/recommends personnel actions such as pay changes, job coaching, counseling, discipline, termination, and administrative action when needed.
- Interviews and hires new personnel for the Department. May participate on interview panels for other departments.