Assistant SCADA Manager
City of Topeka
The City of Topeka is seeking an Assistant SCADA Manager who works with the Utilities department. This a professional and technical position who will be responsible for oversight of the design, development, and maintenance of control systems necessary for executing the treatment plants, distribution, and collection processes of Topeka Utilities.
- Oversee installation, programming, maintenance, and repair of Programmable Logic Controllers and associated components.
- Maintain connections to monitored and controlled equipment. Performs direct work as needed.
- Manage installation and programming of SCADA software. This primarily consists of Aveva SCADA software.
- Installs and maintains support software. Establish communication network architecture.
- Oversee installation, maintenance, and programming of wired copper, fiber, and wireless networking.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in general engineering, computer science, computer information systems, or equivalent field. Equivalent experience and education may be substituted for degree.
Three years of network engineering experience, managing software, operating, and database management systems, software interfaces, and other desktop-level Microsoft technologies. Must have a valid Kansas driver's license and a driving record that is insurable with the City guidelines.
$79,500 – $83,5000 annually DOQ