SCA Chief Water Plant Operator
American Water (Ft. Leavenworth)
Responsible for all activities involving the operations and maintenance of the water treatment and production facilities. Lead responsibilities for water plants and operators. Develops processes for daily staff work functions, oversees collection and use of operational and maintenance information. Leads implementation of Health and Safety program. Demonstrates visible “leadership by example” utilizing participative management involving employees and teamwork whenever possible. Interacts with subordinates, superiors, other agencies, and customers to facilitate smooth system functionality. Reports to and works under the general direction of the General Manager or Senior Operations Supervisor.
- High School Education or GED
- Associate Degree a plus
- 8 years progress experience working at a water treatment plant
- Minimum of 6 years as a certified operator
- Minimum of 2 years Certified Operator in Charge
- Possession of KDHE or ABC certification in water treatment IV and or wastewater treatment III or the ability to obtain within 12 months.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
Salary: $27-30 per hour depending on qualifications
A $3,000 SIGNING BONUS IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION.